We’ve worked on some outstanding projects over the years.
Mclaren P1 Hypercar
A few members of the current team at MEP Technologies were involved in the development and manufacture of the battery pack for the McLaren P1 PHEV Hyper car. A 176kW battery pack capable of supporting high performance propulsion, this project really was before its time.
Design of a lightweight 4kWh battery pack for 72V light ChinE-motorcycle application with energy density of >200Wh/kg at battery level
- Battery pack – 72V, 56Ah (4.0kWh)
- Top speed – 100km/h
- 5kW brushless DC hub motor
Mini Cooper Retrofit
Design of a lightweight 24kWh battery pack for retrofit to a classic Mini, with a class leading energy density of >170Wh/kg at battery level – Pack composed of modules of 21700 cells
- Originally developed complete Lithium battery pack based on 200Ah prismatic cells (54kWh, 1400kg)
- Manufactured and supplied customer with over 250 battery packs
- More recently, developed and validated a replacement BMS to support existing fieldbase through obsolescence of original BMS components